Social Venture Capitalists will play a transformative role in the future of our society to solve the most challenging social and environmental issues. Traditionally, the field of impact investment has not been the hot spot in venture capital, but that is not the case anymore. Using the power of money to accomplish social good is the trend of the moment, and Impact investment is capturing the growing attention of mainstream investors.
Although the social startup ecosystem is still in its building phase, it is growing quickly as more investors seek out companies that both achieve positive returns and influence on the world. In general, impact investing funds can invest in different asset classes, and this article is focused on social venture capital firms making impact investments in private markets, particularly investing in companies tackling big health and social problems.
How we define a Social Venture Capital Fund?
In our list, Social Venture Capital Funds have been selected through a set of criteria based on the self-reported mission statement of the investor. These include:
- The investor having a dedicated fund with the intention to generate a social impact alongside with a financial return.
- The investor having a particular focus on women or underrepresented founders.
- The investor having a specific focus on startups that tackle big social and health problems.
Find the Right Investor
We hope our list will help you identify potential investors, but it’s important to research the right investors for your business and tailor your pitch to them. Various Social Venture Capitalists focus on different geographic locations, industries, and startup stages. Before pitches, you need to research their investment strategy first to learn more about the investor. Furthermore, you can also use specific selection criteria to qualify the investor’s interests. These include:
- Target investment Stages, such as Seed, Pre-Series A or Series A.
- Target and Active Markets – Global or having a specific region focus
- Target Investment Size
- Target Sectors
Here is the List
See All Investors’ Profile in Our Database